In the past 2 weeks, I have received some very surprising news. It has led me to evaluate life and how I’m living it. So in today’s post, I not only want to share the news with you, but share a simple message I stumbled upon that may help you live your life in a more fulfilling way. Continue reading Life’s Greatest Loss and How Not to Lose it!
I celebrated Independence Day at the Essence Festival in New Orleans over the 4th of July weekend. And let me tell you, I take forever to pack! Let’s just say, I was packing and preparing for this trip for a good month! LOL!
As I prepared for my Independence Day celebration, I thought to myself, are we really independent? Not independent in the traditional way that we view Independence Day, but independent on a personal/individual level. Are we really living our lives independent of the stereotypes, assumptions, and opinions of how society thinks we should look, act, think, love, etc. Sometimes we have a tendency to live our life based on the fantasies of how other people think we should live instead of walking and living in the truth of our own reality. God has given us the power of choice, to create and live the life we want; but with the understanding that every choice has a consequence. Independence Day 2014 reminded me to always be authentically me and live independent of other peoples’ definition of who I am; to independently and confidently create and define my life, my reality, my truth. We only have one life to live and you can be sure that I’m going to live it on my own terms…and you should too!
Check out a few of my fave tips from 31 Ways To Live Life On Your Own Terms: A Fourth Of July Manifesto written by Tiphani N. Montgomery and learn how you can celebrate your personal independence everyday!
- First rule of business: Stay out of everyone else’s and be about yours!
- Closed doors are really a blessing. If you can’t pray a door open, don’t try to pry a door open.
- Wear your invisible crown. Daily.
- If you want to know where you’ll be five years from now, listen to your words. You’re prophesying your future.
- If you’re feeling guilty, embarrassed or ashamed about the blessings of God, let that go. You were created to show off His goodness.
- You are more important than you realize.
- “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift!” — Steve Prefontaine
- “Excessive fear and self-doubt are the greatest detractors of personal genius.” — Robert Kiyosaki
- “When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt!” — Henry J. Kaiser
- “Don’t change so someone will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you!” — DailyLove.com
- Examine what you tolerate!
- “Raise your words, not your voice. It’s rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” — Rumi
- Stop waiting on God to drop a blessing in your lap. Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work!
- Repeat after me: “I can do this!!!“
- Never, never, never, never, never, never give up. Never!
“This is your life. Commit to living it passionately. Don’t let the world dictate what that means for you. Show up. Show out. And rise to the occasion every single time.”- Tiphani N. Montgomery
During the process of revamping my blog/site, I’ve had days where I’ve been totally pumped with lots of ideas on topics to write about and share! On the other hand, I’ve had days where I’ve doubted whether or not people really wanted to hear what I had to say! For those of you who follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and or Facebook, I usually post daily motivational/inspirational quotes. Today, I decided to post this quote by Henry Ford: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, YOU’RE RIGHT!” Once I read it, it really hit home for me, thus the reason behind this post! It reminded me that we are all capable of doing our HEART’S desire, but it’s our MIND that holds us back!
Every time I start to think that people are not interested in what I have to say, guess what happens?? I get writer’s block…it never fails!! When you really think about it, this happens in every aspect of life. Whatever you think/say manifest itself in reality. If you keep thinking you can’t find a good man/woman, you are less likely to find one. If you keep saying you’re broke, you’re more likely to stay broke. The list can go on and on! With that being said, let me leave you with this:
Whatever YOU Think, you will do, and whatever YOU Do, YOU will BECOME!! Therefore YOU will always be RIGHT because your OUTCOME is always dependent on what you THINK!!
So the question is… What are YOU CHOOSING to be RIGHT about!!